You should know that when you are admitted into a Mandalyn Academy program it is because we believe in you and your abilities. No matter what your situation is in life, our goal is to inspire you, teach you the necessary skills, and to help you be successful in the beauty industry.
- Identification such as a copy of Drivers License, Birth Certificate, or Passport
- Have successfully completed high school or its equivalent as evidenced by any of the items on the following non-exhaustive list:
- Copy of diploma*
- Copy of GED certificate
- Copy of a transcript showing high school completion
- Copy of certificate of attainment (only applicable to non-Title IV recipients), or
- A Documentation of Completion for secondary school completion if home schooled, or
- ATB: Prior to admissions complete a nationally recognized, standardized test that measures the applicant’s aptitude to successfully complete the program, or
- ATB: Enroll, and after enrollment, satisfactorily completes 225 clock hours, showing the students aptitude to successfully complete the program,
- An academic transcript showing successful completion of at least a two-year program that is acceptable for full credit toward a bachelor’s degree,
- Interview with admissions and be accepted into the program
- Complete an enrollment application with a $50.00 non-refundable application fee
- Review copy of School Catalog
- Complete and sign Enrollment Agreement
- Complete the above requirements, and
- Provide a professional License, transcript, or proof of hours from another eligible Cosmetology or Esthetics school. Verification of validity may be required.
Mandalyn Academy reserves the right to test a transfer student and accept or deny all or a portion of the transferable hours acceptable by law. Transfer hours will be applied toward graduation.
High School – ‘Alpine School District Training Agreement’ Students
- Complete the above applicable requirements, and
- Meet the admission requirements set forth by your high school and in the high school training agreement
High School – “Secondary’ Students
A secondary student is a currently enrolled high school student who is NOT under a high school training agreement receiving high school credit.
- Complete the above applicable requirements, and
- Provide proof of completion of 10th grade shown through a high school transcript
- Be 16 years or older and provide proof of age through a drivers license, birth certificate, etc
- Provide permission in writing from the secondary school in which the student is enrolled
*Validity of High School Diplomas: Regulation 34 CFR 668.16 (p) requires Title IV schools to establish policies and procedures to confirm the authenticity of high school diplomas in the event that the school or the secretary of the Department of Education as reason to question the validity of a student’s high school diploma. Mandalyn Academy may require further documentation in the form of a certified copy of final high school transcripts for the high school in question or information from a company that translates and evaluates foreign diplomas. They may also contact the Department of Education in the state in which the diploma was issued to determine if the school listed on the diploma is on the state list of recognized schools. Student self-certification is not considered sufficient proof of validity. Mandalyn Academy makes every reasonable effort to verify the validity of questionable high school diplomas.
Admission Process: To Enroll at Mandalyn Academy
- Contact our Admissions office through our website at www.mandalynacademy.com or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or telephone at 801-772-3131.
- Schedule a time with Admissions to come in for a tour and interview.
- Complete the application form in person, on our website, or via email and pay the application fee. This will hold your spot.
- Review Student Catalog.
- Schedule an appointment with our admissions and/or financial aid department for assistance with tuition and financial arrangements
- Schedule an appointment to review and sign the Enrollment Agreement with our admissions office. A copy will be reviewed and given to you at that time.
- Bring in all the required documents.
- Once accepted, pay per agreement.
Examination and Requirements of Licensure
- Verification of Hours completed from an accredited Cosmetology or Master Esthetics school
- Pass the state board written theory exam
- Pass the state board practical exam
- Make licensing application to the State of Utah Department of Professional Licensing.
Mandalyn Academy assists students in registering for the Utah State Board Examinations. Costs related to the State Board Examination and State Licensure is the responsibility of the student and payable to the State.
Mandalyn Academy offers job placement assistance by first; preparing students with the skills necessary for job entry, professionalism, people skills, selling products and services, dress and appearance, resume writing, interviewing and networking. Through networking with local employers and building solid relationships Mandalyn Academy keeps student informed and directed to employment opportunities. Mandalyn Academy cannot guarantee career or job placement.
All graduates are declared eligible for job placement unless they meet one of the following five conditions for ineligibility: 1) The graduate is deceased; 2) The graduate is permanently disabled; 3) The graduate is deployed for military service/duty; 4) The student studied under a student visa and is ineligible for employment in the U.S.; 5) The graduate continued his/her education at an institution under the same ownership (e.g., a graduate of the cosmetology program subsequently enrolled in the instructor program of an institution under the same ownership).
Mentoring and specialty classes are available to all Mandalyn Academy graduates. Our programs are designed for a lifetime of success. During your career you may have challenges and need business advice or continuing education. Mandalyn Academy staff is here to assist you.
- Photo Shoots
- Hair & Makeup shows
- Platform and Guest Artists
- Specialty Classes
- Field Trips
- Community Events
- Team Building activities
- Trade Shows
- Continuing Education classes
- and more….