How To Build An Esthetics Clientele
While starting your career in esthetics, finding clients can be one of the first challenges you face! At Mandalyn Academy, we know how vital it is for any esthetician to have a strong clientele. We also know how challenging it can be to attract and retain clients, which is why we’ve put together this blog! Keep reading to learn some tips and tricks to help you succeed as an esthetician.
Build Relationships With Your Clients
Your relationship with your client can go further than their skin, and it should! Follow up with them after their appointment and see how they’re liking the results. Personalized messages can go a long way and show that you care. When you establish a strong and personal relationship, they’re more likely to trust you and return for more appointments.
You can even go a step further and become their friend! Take the time to really get to know them – what are their interests and passions? Once you build a friendship with them, they’ll be more inclined to use your services! People are loyal to their friends.
Create A Referral Program
Referrals are your best friend and are a great way to find new clients. Your clients can be your best marketing tool and it’s something you should take advantage of. By creating a referral program, you can build your clientele while rewarding current clients for the new business! Some ideas for a referral program could be:
- A discount on a service
- A free add-on for every referral
- A free service after referring x number of people
Be Active On Social Media
The more active you are, the more exposure you can get. Use social media to post your work, what services you offer, and follow any potential clients! If potential clients have a need for your services and like the work you do, then this is a great way to grow your business. You can even collaborate with any local influencers to get your name out there. The more you can promote your business the better!
Provide Excellent Customer Service
Customer service is typically what makes or breaks a client’s experience with you. By providing excellent customer service, you’re ensuring your clients that you care about them and their needs. Some tips to provide excellent customer service:
- Listen actively: Listen to their concerns, needs, and questions. Your clients want to feel heard and they’re trusting you with their face! Make sure they know you’re listening.
- Be friendly and welcoming: Greet your clients with a smile and make them feel comfortable!
- Be knowledgeable: Stay up to date with the latest trends and techniques. Your clients will appreciate your knowledge.
- Be honest: Honesty goes a long way and you don’t want to over promise results. Skincare takes time and results don’t happen overnight.
- Customize your services: Every client’s skin is different so take the time to understand their needs and personalize the service!
- Show gratitude: Without your clients, you wouldn’t be doing your dream career. Be sure to show them that you appreciate them!
Offer Promotions For New Clients
Everyone loves a good deal. A discount or special deal might just be a powerful enough incentive for someone to try out your services. This can also help you stay competitive. If someone is looking for an esthetician, they’ll most likely go to someone who is offering a deal. Since the first service is usually a trial run for a customer, they’ll want to find a good deal.
Ready To Pursue Your Dream Career?
If you’re not an esthetician and you want to be, let’s turn your dreams into a reality! While building a strong clientele is essential for success in the industry, so is your education. At Mandalyn Academy, we strive to put our students first and want to see them succeed! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us! We’re more than happy to walk you through the admissions process, program information, and financial resources. Don’t wait on your dream career and get started now!